Hull Chiropractic opens for business

Posted August 5, 2015 at 6:31 pm


Hull Chiro.psd

Construction plans and preparations are all falling into place as the newest chiropractic office in Hull begins business Monday, Aug. 10. The location at 521 Black Forest Road has been under construction for a while now. Initially, construction was scheduled to be finished in early July. Since March 2015, business partners, Dr. Derek Kosters and Dr. Patrick Froehlich, have been working on getting Hull Chiropractic started up.

Dr. Froehlich will run the new office, located between Fuss Fitness and Le Meilluer Bakery & Barista.

Dr. Kosters knew there was a need for another chiropractor in Hull and he was looking for someone to network with. He began the venture by making a couple phone calls which got the ball rolling.

“I played around with the idea of coming here myself for a while and that just wasn’t very realistic. I was too busy and it wouldn’t work to be here, so I just put some feelers out there and Patrick responded,” Dr. Kosters said. Dr. Kosters has practiced at Prairie Life Chiropractic in Sioux Center the past two and one-half years.

Dr. Froehlich, an Algona native, most recently practiced in Larchwood at Envive Chiropractic. He attended Garrigan High School in Algona and then attended Palmer Chiropractic in the quad cities. He and his wife, a Rock Rapids native, moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico, for a few years, where he began chiropractic work. Their first child was born during that time. With their growing family, they decided to move back to the area to be closer to extended family. They currently live near Alvord and a second daughter has joined the family.

Dr. Kosters and his wife have two children and live in Sioux Center. He grew up north of Doon, attended Rock Valley Christian and then Western Christian in Hull. He attended Northwestern Health Sciences in the Twin Cities for his chiropractic degree. Shortly after college, he and his wife had their first child, moved to Sioux Center, and opened a chiropractic business all in the same month. December 2012 was a hectic time, but since then, Dr. Kosters’ business has grown steadily and he saw the need to network with this new clinic.

Dr. Froehlich said a typical chiropractic appointment involves an assessment of the patient to help determine what the problem is and how to treat it. He wants to be sure to meet each patient’s individual needs and treat them accordingly. Most appointments will last around 15 minutes, but new patients will take longer. Most types of insurance billing will be handled with rates for regular care, specialty items or services.

Dr. Froehlich handles regular chiropractic care, specialty treatments and active release techniques. He’s also trained in sports medicine and nutrition. He is certified in “Level 2” chiropractic care which allows him to use a handheld tool — the fastest growing technique in the world.

“I would say I still mostly do hands-on adjustments,” Dr. Froehlich said. He estimates hands-on adjustments are used about 80 percent of the time, and the other 20 percent using the handheld tool. “There’s so many different ways you can adjust the spine and everybody’s different. Sometimes you have to do some muscle work to get things released, check strengths, and give people exercises and stretches that will speed that healing process up,” Dr. Froehlich continued.

The chiropractors are looking forward to beginning this new business venture in Hull, feeling it is a needed service. “There’s a lot of excitement about it, too,” Dr. Kosters said.

Dr. Froehlich is ready and willing to help you heal and to start feeling better again. If you want a better perspective, a second opinion or a different experience, stop in and talk to him. Let him know what you’ve been struggling with.

Bla